7 Uses Of CBD Oil
A lot of research has focused on CBD oil and it’s much talked about benefits. Cannabidiol, which is a component of cannabis, doesn’t have a psychoactive effect on the body, unlike THC.
CBD Oil is most commonly known to help with epilepsy, but there are also other uses of CBD Oil which are not as well known.
- Tobacco Addiction : In a recent study, twenty-five smokers were given an inhaler of CBD or an inhaler with nothing in it. Each time a subject had an urge to smoke, the subjects were asked to use their inhaler. Over 7 days, those who had a placebo inhaler with no CBD oil in it experienced no changes in the total number of cigarettes smoked. On the other hand, those who used a CBD inhaler exhibited an excellent 40% reduction in the number of cigarettes they smoked. This experiment seemed to prove that CBD Oil can be used effectively to reduce the number of cigarettes a person smokes.
- Acne: A study recently unearthed evidence that CBD oil can be used effectively as a treatment for preventing acne. The researchers used CBD on the sebaceous glands on their subjects and the CBD was found to act as a very effective anti-inflammatory component which prevents lipids from forming which cause acne.
- Diabetes: CBD was also used in a recent diabetes study. Researchers were able to prevent the development of diabetes in lean diabetic mice. Research is expected to continue onto human subjects within the next few months.
- Fibromyalgia: At the moment, Fibromyalgia is treated with anti-inflammatory tablets and certain corticosteroids with varying results. A recent study used CBD as a potential treatment for Fibromyalgia. Of the 50 or so subjects who took part in the study, half used traditional treatment methods while the other half used CBD as part of their treatment regime. The subjects who used CBD found a marked reduction in their symptoms and suffered from a reduced amount of pain, while those who used more traditional methods didn’t find any reduction in symptoms or pain at all.
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder: PTSD is a debilitating condition which has only become more common in recent years which has led to increased research into the condition. Because CBD exhibits anti-anxiety benefits, the CBD is shown to calm the subject. The anti-psychotic nature of CBD provides relief to each PTSD sufferer.
- Schizophrenia : Schizophrenia is another condition that can be helped with the use of CBD. Anti-psychotics are traditionally used to manage this debilitating condition. 40 subjects took part in a study – half used anti-psychotics while the other half used CBD. Both treatment options showed a positive effect, but CBD offered little side effects.
- Crohn’s Disease: Recent research suggests CBD could be used to help with Crohn’s Disease. The CBD manages the system that controls the body’s gut, leading to a reduction in symptoms. The anti-inflammatory benefits that CBD provides helps to manage the condition effectively.
There has also been recent research which suggests that treating autism with CBD oil can be beneficial.