An ABC Approach To Weight Loss
When you want to lose weight or control your loss after months of hard work, it’s best to use a methodical approach. Knowing the ABC’s of weight loss can make the entire process easier to maintain. Use the ideas below when you are feeling discouraged or seeking a new way to approach losing unwanted weight.
- A – The first letter of your plan should be A, which stands for attitude. Set goals that you know you can reach and then extend them as you make progress. Expect some setbacks and have a plan to fight hurdles that can arise at any time during your programme for losing weight. It’s important to focus on your target weight and work toward that goal each day.
- B – Is the second letter of your diet plan. It stands for breakfast which you should never skip. Breakfast will get your metabolism going, which burns calories. You can grab a banana, a bowl of cereal, or some yogurt just to get a small meal in your stomach. Make sure that is has protein and fibre so that you will be satisfied until the next meal.
- C – Stands for calories, which you’ll begin to count with every bite that you take. Read labels, pay attention to the portions that you are eating, and try to cut back a little at each meal. Learn about calories, which foods are healthier for you, and how to supplement the deficiencies that you may experience. If you are taking weight loss pills you’ll want to make sure you are eating a well-balanced diet and drinking plenty of water as well.
- D – Represents the diligence with which you work toward keeping your body fit and in shape. Get at least thirty minutes of exercise each day. Don’t overdo it when you first begin; it’s best to start slow and increase your exercise as you become more accustomed to the workouts.
- E – Means eating meals regularly and not skipping any to cut calories. The experts recommend eating small snacks in-between your meals so that your body will fight off hunger and the overwhelming desire for unhealthy foods. Eat at least three meals each day and snack about every three hours with fruit or other healthy options.
- F – Stands for the fibre that you need to help you lose weight naturally. Fibre helps lower cholesterol and can help you to feel full and eat less. Many foods that are high in fibre have high water content and lower amounts of calories making them a perfect diet food.
- G – Represents the gum that you can chew to cleanse out your mouth and reduce your urge to grab a snack that isn’t healthy. Use sugarless gum especially when you have an urge to get a cookie or ice-cream bar that will ruin your diet progress.
- H – Is representative of the heart-healthy diet that you will embark upon. These foods include salmon, beans whole grains, and lean cuts of beef and pork. These foods can help to prevent heart disease which can impact your independence and quality of life.