Deadly Diabetes: Its Causes and Treatment
Diabetes is considered to be an extremely chronic disease that is mostly associated with high level of sugar in the blood. A person is labelled as diabetic when the sugar in the blood is abnormally high and needs constant medical treatment. It takes place when the pancreas fails to produce enough insulin.
Diabetes as a disease requires lifelong treatment and people need to make sure that they visit the doctor on time and undergo the required tests on time. However, it is important to check the symptoms so that tracing diabetes at an early stage becomes easier. Having knowledge about the symptoms is important as it helps people to get the right treatment early.
- Excessive thirst
- Increased Flow of Urine
- Skin Problems
- Prolonged Healing of Wounds
- Feet Numbness
- Weight Loss
- Increased Appetite
The best way to check diabetes is by conducting blood sugar tests and undergoing this test at regular intervals help in keeping a close check on the blood sugar level. So, make sure that you remain alert at all times about the symptoms and take the necessary actions accordingly.
Causes of Diabetes
Lack of proper production of insulin is the main reason leading to diabetes and this affects the muscle cells and fat tissues very badly. This is the major problem that people face in type 2 diabetes which also sees a steady decline of the beta cells. In the case of type 1 diabetes there is lack of insulin which is an extremely destructive process that affects the insulin producing beta cells of the pancreas. Let us take a quick look at some of the common and popular causes of diabetes.
- Obesity – Obesity in itself is a huge problem and leads to further complications. Diabetes is one such complication that is associated with it.
- Sweet Tooth –People who have a tough time in saying no to any food item that is sweet often suffer from diabetes.
- Increasing Age – With age comes several health problems and complications. In fact, diabetes is one such complication that hits people during old age. People must always strive to stay fit at all times.
- Bad Diet – Diet is one of the major reasons for the ever increasing health issues that the youth face today. Bad diet not only leads to diabetes but several other health hazards. So, aim to stay fit and eat healthily.
- Hereditary – Diabetes as a health problem is often hereditary wherein it catches up on people from the next generation.
Keep a close eye on these causes and if you feel that you have any of these traits, then make sure you take the necessary actions.
Treatment for Diabetes
Diabetes is a health problem that has its fair share of treatment as well. But there is no medical formula it is the overall lifestyle that needs to become healthy eventually to cure diabetes.
- Nutrition – Whether it is type 1 diabetes or type 2 diabetes, maintaining a healthy diet is the best way to cure diabetes or keep it under control. So, follow a diet chart prescribed by your doctor.
- Physical Activities – Physical activities include exercise, hitting the gym and engaging in a lot of other physical movements on a regular basis. This prevents high blood pressure and keeps the sugar levels under control.
- Medication – In the case of type 2 diabetes, eating right and exercising well is not good enough. You need to take certain medicines as well and the dosage should be right and taken regularly. Medicines are also effective in keeping a control on the blood glucose levels.
The attempt should be to focus on not just medicines but also on exercise, diet and lifestyle to stay fit. Read More…