Things You Should Know About Uterine Fibroids:
Uterine fibroids are the growth of non-cancerous tissues of the uterine tissues and it grows inside the womb. These are also called as myoma of the uterus. These fibroids vary in size and these can range from a size of a pea to the size of a football. These tumors do not increase your risk of cancer nor induce cancer as these are almost benign irrespective of their size. These fibroids are classified into different ones depending on their location of growth.
- Intramural fibroids are the ones which grow within the muscle wall of the uterus. These generally because the uterus appears bigger than their normal size and these can cause painful periods and heavy bleeding.
- The growth under the inner lining of the uterus, which is called the endometrium is called submucosal fibroids. These alter the shape and size of the uterus and can cause infertility due to the blockage. These also cause painful period and heavy bleeding. The chances of the irregular period are higher if you are diagnosed with this particular fibroid.
- The growth of fibroids outside the uterus is called the subserosal fibroids. These can cause disturbances in urination and bowel cycle as the growth is on the outside and can cause pressure to the bladder.
- Cervical fibroids are very common. These occur on the neck of the uterus.
The causes of the uterine fibroids are not exactly known. Some of the reasons which researcher claim are obese and weight. Actually being obese can cause a lot of illness than we ever know. Acute heart diseases are also related to overweight. This also affects the hormone level and causes an imbalance. Birth pills or contraceptive pills are also known to cause uterine fibroids. Prolong usage of these pills alter the hormones and causes permanent damage to our system. From all the reasons, we know that hormones play an important role. The same is true in case of a genetic disorder. These cases will cause extreme uterine fibroids.
Some of the Symptoms of Uterine Fibroids are:
- Painful and irregular periods
- Prolong period cycle with heavy bleeding
- Tendency to urinate more frequently
- Irregular bowel habits
- Back pain
- Infertility and trouble conceiving
Some of the tests will be able to find out whether you are having a uterine fibroid or not. A transvaginal ultrasound will be able to identify the complications of your infertility. There are a lot of fertility clinics in Mumbai and Bangalore which offers this service.