Various Plant-Based Remedies
When we are looking for natural medicines, it is quite likely that we will turn to plant-based products for solutions. Here are natural remedies that we can get from the plant kingdom:
- Pumpkins seeds: Pumpkin seeds contain terrific protein and they should eliminate many critters in our body. Pumpkin seeds could also support our prostate glands.
- Radishes: Radishes are great for catarrhal or gallbladder conditions. Korean radish dishes are great winter foods and they could make us sweat. People with stuffy nose should horseradish on the tip of their tongue for 30 seconds and this should to clear our sinuses.
- Red-colored plants: These plants are known as glandular and blood building foods. Berries with deep red colors are known for the impressive anti-oxidant effects. Nature should provide us with plenty of clues and as an example, green food should be used to clean our digestive system of harmful toxins. Golden or orange-colored foods should help to take care of our skin and bowel conditions.
- Tomatoes: Like the human heart, tomatoes have four chambers and this could be seen as an indirect clue. Tomatoes are rich in lycopene and it could reduce LDL levels if consumed in two months. In fact, a cardiovascular medicine called Ateronon is known to contain some amount of lycopene. Various studies also indicate that lycopene could protect our brain, heart and arteries.
- Cherries: Cherries can prevent anemia because it is rich in iron.
- Squash: Squash is packed in betacarotene and it should be good for our eyes and skin.
- Taro root: Taro root is a good remedy for colitis and intestinal distress.
- Turnips: Turnips have been used for a long time to treat people with sinus, bronchial and lung problems. They contain sulphur and vitamin A that provide some medicinal properties.
- Black cherry: Black cherry in concentrated juice form is known as a powerful remedy to treat gout. It could effectively remove sharp crystals in our joints and there should be concentrated black cherry juice in major health food stores. We should mix 8 oz of water with one teaspoon of black cherry juice and drinks it between meals. Alternatively, we should reduce consumption of purine-rich food.
- Flaxseeds: Flaxseeds should work well for constipation problems and it should keep our bowel healthy. Flaxseeds contain omega 3, 6 and 9.
- Apple: We should drink raw apple juice during hot summer days to rejuvenate our body. When overheated, our body could release many electrolytes through sweat.
- Yellow-colored plants: Corn, prunes with yellow flesh, figs and apricots are known for their high magnesium level. They could also help problems related to colon lining.
With this information, we should know a little bit more secrets that the nature provides us. We should try to eat organic plant-based food whenever possible and a good way to do this is to grow medicinal plants in our garden. This should allow us to avoid using pesticides, herbicides, artificial fertilizers and other products that may harm us.