What Are The Symptoms Of Varicose Veins And How To Get Rid From It?
We are exposed to so many medical issues and problems on our day to day routine that we sometimes forget their names as well. The world today is so occupied with diseases and ailments that every now and then we get to hear about a new endemic being spread. Amongst these convulsions there arose a very widely spreading common problem of Varicose Veins. In some cases these veins do not cause any serious problems but in cases of serious cosmetic issues and dermatitis, varicose veins treatment becomes a necessity.
What are VARICOSE VEINS?
These are a type of transformed veins underneath the surface of skin. Varicose veins are twisted, enlarged veins near the surface of skin most commonly in the legs and ankles. One of the mainsprings of this infirmity is weakened valves and veins in the legs. Usually our normal veins pursue a mechanism to keep the blood flowing from legs to the heart. When one of the valves in the veins do not work as they are meant to, the blood gets collected in the legs and pressure is build up and as a consequence the veins become weak, large and twisted. Thus, there is a need of Varicose Veins Treatment.
Symptoms and Appearance of Varicose Veins-
- Veins that appear dark purple or blue and appear like twisting and bulging cords underneath the skin of legs.
- Achy and heavy feeling in the legs and sensations like burning, throbbing, muscle cramping and swelling in the lower legs.
- Skin ulcers near the ankle, ensures a serious form of vascular disease that really needs a medical treatment.
Varicose Veins Treatment –
- Compression Therapy:- If the veins are primarily causing a cosmetic problem due to their visibility then they have to consulted with a physician for varicose veins treatment and can be treated with the Compression Therapy with compression stockings or compression dressings with single or multilayered systems.
- Sclerotherapy:-Then there’s this Varicose Veins Treatment called Sclerotherapy, where a liquid or foam is injected into the vein to form a clot and permanently destroy the vessel.
- Ablation or destruction: – We can also treat these veins by Ablation or destruction of abnormal veins with techniques using laser, radiofrequency or other modalities.
- Surgery: – Surgery is considered as a better way of treating larger Varicose Veins where doctors remove the transformed veins including ‘phlebectomy’ or vein stripping.
- Aging is also a prime factor that increases the risk to this ailment and it generally runs in the families. Being overweight or pregnant may lead to Varicose Veins.
The cases which are associated with superficial thrombophlebitis are treated further with surgeries under the appropriate guidance of a physician for Varicose Veins Treatment.
As many insurance policies do not cover the expense of elective cosmetic surgeries for varicose veins treatment. There are numerous advertisements claiming to be unique, permanent or painless for Varicose Veins which may be appealing but they usually don’t stand out by those claims. So making an inquiry about the treatment is necessary. As there are several treatment options available, we can always opt for the best available treatment on the list by consulting the issue with a specialist physician.